Saturday, October 25, 2008
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe & Pumpkins for Charity
There is a church on our street that sells pumpkins every year. They donate the proceeds to a charity. This year, they are donating their proceeds to help feed the hungry. My husband, the little guy and I walked down to get a pumpkin. We left the stroller at home for the very first time. One of us held the little guy's hand as we walked down the sidewalk. He was quite content to stay on the sidewalk and did not even try to make a dash for the road.
We let our little guy help pick out a pumpkin. We also bought a miniature pumpkin just for him. I can't wait until we carve our jack-o-lantern and toast pumpkin seeds next week for Halloween.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2) Spread 2-3 Tablespoons of oil on a cookie sheet.
3) Remove pumpkin goo from seeds
4) Place pumpkin seeds on cookie sheet in a single layer
5) Sprinkle with Salt (Or sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon)
6) Cook in oven for 45 minutes. Flip pumpkin seeds with a spatula between trick-or-treaters, or at 5-10 minute intervals, until seeds are done. Seeds should be light, crisp, and golden brown in color when finished. The cooking time may vary depending on how many seeds you roast and the size of the seeds.