Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rag Rug Update


Now that the holidays are over, I am able to commit more time towards working on the rag rug. I have 7 colors done and about 10 to go! It is getting very big to hold on my lap. I have found it easier to sit on the floor as I work on it. It is quite long and oblong shaped at the moment. I had it on my lap the other day and my son thought that it looked like a slide. He kept trying to run up to me saying "slide, slide!" He is only 1 year-old. He also likes to run off with my crochet hook. I thought that this would be an easy project to work on with him nearby, but things are proving differently. The red fabric is different than all of the others which are cotton. The next fabric that I am going to use is velour. We'll see how it turns out. I have not had difficulty with the mixed fabric yet. TIP: I did find that the red fabric was so much thicker than the cotton that I had to skip a stitch every now and then to keep the rug flat. I hope to have another update soon!

Previous posts for this project:
Getting Started Post
2 Colors Done

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That is quite a project! I could use one about 15 x 16 feet for my living room.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

That us turning out fantastic!!!

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

What a great rug - and what effort, it must be fun watching it grow in-front of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful rug and i love the colors!! Happy creative day!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh goodness! That is wonderful already :-) I have always wanted to try one of those. This just might be the winter.