Monday, August 25, 2008

Toddler Slippers for My Little Guy!

So my little guy's feet are getting bigger and he is now cruising all over the place. It is time for some new shoes. Usually I have just bought him Robeez in the past. This fall we bought him so soft soled sneakers at Stride Rite. Instead of buying more Robeez, I decided to buy some leather at a local fabric shop and make him some leather shoes myself. Since leather is a bit more expensive than cotton, I decided to make him a pair of flannel slippers first. He loves cars and trucks, so I thought that he would enjoy this fabric. The shoes are lined with striped flannel fabric that I had leftover from a quilt I just finished for one of my nephews. I fused all fabric to the liner and then sewed them together. I used no-slip fabric, like the kind on the bottom of sleepers, for the tread. I found this at JoAnn Fabrics. You have to ask for it at the cutting table. I think that they turned out cute for my first attempt at making shoes. They fit him perfectly. I think that I will add 1/4 inch to the design for the leather shoes so that there is a little room to grow. I hope to make the leather shoes soon - I found some very cute leather fabrics!


5 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those are too cute!
=) melanie

Bare Bottoms Boutique said...

OMG - those are SO cute! I've been wanting to make some of these for Isaac as well. How hard were they? Did you just wing it, or did you use a pattern?

luv4sams (Lisa) said...

OMG, those are too adorable NEQ! You need to make little girl ones!

Unknown said...

How cute!!! What a lucky little guy you have!

April said...

You are one talented lady! I love your blog, so I gave you an award. Just visit my blog www.appleblossomfl.blogspot.com to see it, and get the instructions for passing it along. Thanks, April