Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Heart Basket

Heart Basket
Heart Basket,
originally uploaded by New England Quilter.
This sweet little basket was specially made as a Valentine's Day gift for someone special! I originally was just going to add loops for handles to this basket. However, after sewing the handles to the basket, I thought that the loops were a little too long. So, I turned the loops into hearts. To make the handles, I sewed two loops onto the basket - one on each side. Then I pinched the top of each loop together to form the heart, and then stitched where the pinch was located. So, my long handles turned into lovely hearts!

Upcoming Blog Entries (Not necessarily in this order):
*Book Review of It's a Wrap by Susan Breier
*Book Review of Textile Coil Pots and Baskets: Easy Ways With Fabric and Cord by Helen Deighan
*My latest Baskets
*Different Types of Coiled Fabric Handles
*Coiled Fabric Surprise - not a Basket!

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Because of you, I bought some clothesline. Maybe my scrap drawer will be emptied sometime soon!

PS- You've been tagged!
Here's the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Annie Howes said...

Cute basket!