Sunday, February 24, 2008

Purple Petunia Basket - Triple Loop Handles

My latest fabric coiled basket is made from purple petunia spring fabric. I never know how I am going to finish a basket when I start it - this is half the fun! When it was time to make the handles, I decided to go with a triple loop. To make triple loop handles, measure out the amount of fabric needed by looping the cording three times. Hold it out to the side and continue sewing the top edge of cording. Repeat for the other side as well. After finishing the top edge, sew the loops in place by hand. This basket is available to purchase at my Etsy shop http://www.newenglandquilter.etsy.com
Just in time for spring! This darling basket is made from purple petunia fabric using the fabric coiling technique. It has triple loop handles which make it truly unique. The top of the base measures 7.5 inches across the top and is 2.75 inches high. The height to the top of the handles measures 4 inches. This basket would be great in so many rooms of your home. This would be a lovely gift for anyone or a special treat for yourself!

Upcoming Blog Entries (Not necessarily in this order):
*Book Review of Textile Coil Pots and Baskets: Easy Ways With Fabric and Cord by Helen Deighan
*Comparing Techniques of It's a Wrap by Susan Breier and Textile Coil Pots and Baskets: Easy Ways With Fabric and Cord by Helen Deighan
*My latest Baskets
*How to Make Different Types of Coiled Fabric Handles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those handles! Very nice work! And the easter basket in your shop is adorable!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello!

Marisa

Crafty Mama said...

NE, you just keep getting fancier and fancier! Those handles are amazing!