Friday, March 27, 2009

Knitting Fabric Strips - A Cabana Bag

If you have followed my blog, then you know that I recently completed a rag rug by crocheting strips of upcycled fabrics. After that project, I began crocheting baskets too. My latest crafting adventure is making a knit bag with strips of fabric. I hadn't knit in many years, bu tit brings back fond childhood memories. My cousin, who lived across the street from my grandmother taught me how to knit after school. It is fun to pick up a pair of knitting needles again. After the knit sections are complete, I will sew a liner and handles. Check back in to see the completed project!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

This looks very interesting... I can't wait to see the completed project. Let me know how it works up!

Good luck ♥

Anonymous said...

This looks great and is a fantastic way to use leftovers! (or prints no longer appreciated)

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, you are so clever!! That is going to be awesome, I can already tell. Can't wait to see pictures when you are done!!

Layla said...

What a fun blog! Thanks for coming by mine and leaving a comment today! I love meeting new blogging friends!

Layla

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished product.