Monday, March 2, 2009

My First Rag Quilt!


The photo above is the quilt before washing in the machine to wear the rag edges. I will post a picture of the finished quilt when I get a chance. But for now, I hope that you enjoy the work in progress. You can see that one side has the raggedy edges and the back side has nicely sewn seams.

I had some 10 inch squares of fabric in sweet baby designs that I could not decide what to make with. So, they were the perfect fabrics to make my first rag quilt. I started this project only a couple days ago and finished today! I am hooked! I love the look and it is so easy to assemble. For a great tutorial of how you too can make your own rag quilt, visit: Jen Yu's web page. Her directions are very easy. Even a novice sewer can complete this project! I decided to quilt lots of different designs in each block instead of quilting x's.

2 comments:

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

Love it - what a great way to use a variety of fabrics... even use certain fabrics like baby clothes and make a memory quilt!!
Hmmmm to the sewing machine with me!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

super cute!!