I started this project in August. First I made the fabric yarn using the slit method for joining the strips. I found that this method was least noticeable. Next, I started a long chain for the center of the oval shaped rug. It did turn out a bit longer than I had expected - but not by too much. The colors were picked, not by me, to represent water lilies. I hope that everyone has enjoyed seeing my progress on this project - I know that I enjoy going back through my blog and viewing the previous posts.To get a sense of the rug's size, it is shown on a full size quilt in the photo below.
Now I am hooked on rag items - I have already started a rag quilt and crocheted a couple of rag baskets!