Saturday, September 20, 2008
Fleece Tie Pillow Tutorial
You will need:
*Sharp pair of fabric scissors
*2 pieces of fleece 18"x18"
*2 pieces of muslin(or any cotton fabric) 13"x13"
*Stuffing (Polyfill fiber or Scrap Batting)
Making the Pillow (or just buy a 12"x12" pillow form at the store)
1) Cut the fabric 13"x13" and pin together.
2) Starting about 3 inches from a corner, start sewing all the way around the fabric square. Stop when you are about 5 inches from where you began. Turn the pillow right inside out.
3) Stuff your pillow to desired plumpness.
4) Turn under the raw edge, pin and top-stitch to complete.
Making the Pillow Case
1) Cut the fleece to the dimensions given above.
2) Place the fleece wrong sides together and pin.
3) Cut a 3-inch square out of each corner.
4) Then, through both layers, cut 1 "x3" fringe, to tie, all the way around the pillow.
5) Tie front to back for each tie, leaving some open on the last side. Once you have made the pillow, insert the pillow in the case and close the last few ties. You are done!
The Curious George Pillow above is available to purchase in my Etsy Shop.